Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Team cyberstamp cards

I think I needed a distraction on Sunday - I made these two cards for the team cyberstamp which was actually held on Wednesday. The first card, below, is based on a card featured on p113 of the 2009/2010 Idea Book & Catalogue. I've used some of the new DSP "Urban Garden", cutting out the flowers and sticking them to Baja Breeze + Basic Gray card. For a bit of interest I pleated the Basic Gray and scalloped the edge. Looking at it now I think it needs one less Baja Breeze flower - the one under the staple, so I'll pull it off. Kiwi Kiss ribbon, pleated again with staples to hold. Corner is the reverse side of the same "Urban Garden" sheet with a filligree brad to hold it.

This card uses "Fresh Cuts" a lovely versatile set and was for Dani's colour challenge of Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery and Taken with Teal. I had stamped the Baja Breeze some time ago and simply tore it out of the sheet, scrunched and flattened the paper. The teal piece was one I'd scallopped some time ago too, and the celery I'd used for something else, tore it up and placed the stamped side face down. Bit of ribbon, word window punch, added some choc-chip stamping and Voila!

Hope you enjoy!

On a somber note, Grace's funeral is tomorrow and I'm praying that we all get through it okay. I'm also wishing I could be of more help and use to Tab and Michael, Grace's Mum and Dad. Rest well little one.

No comments: