Monday, December 01, 2008

New: Summer Mini

A new Summer Stampin' Up! Mini Catalogue started today! Here's one of my favourite stamps out of the lot - "A happy heart". Its meant for Valentine's Day, and typically I've jumped to the last pages and used these stamps first! But this little dandelion fluff with flying hearts is just darling! I felt so inspired! So here's two variations of the same stamp. Also I've used the Scallop Edge punch and a touch of the 1" Double Stitched Grosgrain in Chocolate Chip for the first card with Earth Elements colours.
For the second, I've used an offcut of card to make a scallop shape to glue around and then sprinkled loads of Dazzling Diamonds over the edges of a very simple Purely Pommegranate card with a vellum window. I've also used a little Crystal Effects in the centre of the puff and used a pin to tease out lines before it dried, also dusted with Crystal Effects. Isn't it divine? I've touched the bottom corner of the window with Orchid Opulance cardstock stamped in Purely Pommegranate with a Faux Rhinestone in the middle (made using a drop of Crystal Effects in the middle of an eyelet. Brilliant idea I've stolen from another SU demo - will update with who it was when I have a moment to ferret through!).

I've experimented with a few of the other stamps - I'll post more over the next few days.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hi! Great cards! This was my favorite set from the US mini, too! I've used it a couple of times but now I am wanting to use it more! Thanks for the inspiration!

-tessa

Michelle said...

Just gorgeous! Love the ideas, thanks for the inspiration :D