Friday, March 27, 2009

Sunny Boy box with a twist (excuse the pun!)

The box below contains the incentive stamp for my hostess at tomorrow's workshop. I designed this box when looking for something simple to do for our school Mother's Day stall. This will hold 3-4 heart foil choccies and have some kind of SU tag on the end. This one is made with Afternoon Tea designer series paper, a price-tag bought from a newsagent (sold in lots of 100 for about $6) and a scrap of ribbon. I think the scallop edge punch just adds a tiny touch of "special", don't you?
Thanks muchly to Kylie for her much needed inspiration to make this card work! Yeah, I cheat and visit OTHER DEMONSTRATORS blogs to get inspiration!! SHHH! Don't tell anyone! ;) Its crayon resist, a technique I hadn't mastered until now! Pale colours are very forgiving for this technique, so I've used Pink Pirouette and Baja Breeze as my jump points. Easy to add some Pacific Point and Baja Breeze cardstock at the other end. Stamp sets are Embrace Life and Say it with Scallops.
My new favourite stamp set - Bloom Away is coming from 1 April in the 2009/2010 Stampin' Up! catalogue. A lovely lovely stamp set for Aussies! I've stamped on Naturals Ivory card, water-coloured with Riding Hood Red and Always Artichoke and mounted it on Sage Shadow and Always Artichoke cardstock. Kraft is the base card, and choc chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. Simple but immensely satisfying to do!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yep, I'm stealing that idea for sure! It adds a very nice elegant touch to the versatile 'sour cream container' Well done!! Now, if I can just remember where I put those tags you gave me a while back!

Unknown said...

love the sunny boy box....hmmmm...might just have to steal that one sista!!!!!